Sunday, June 22, 2008

Welcome ... or are you welcoming me?

For years, friends have been telling me that I had to get an on-line journal. Of course, they would say I had to get one ... at one of those closed pseudo-communities that shall remain nameless, and I didn't want that. Then, through the miracles of the modern Internet (that is to say, somebody posted a picture of a really hot celebrity), I discovered the wonderful world of blogger and blogspot. So, here I am.

This blog is going to record my thoughts, and my thoughts can be pretty eclectic. So if you're looking for thoughts about movies, or thoughts about music, or thoughts about politics ... you might find them here one day and find something completely different another day. I can't promise you an adventure -- or a rose garden for that matter. I can't even promise I'll be able to keep up with this. But for as long as I'm here and you're here, I hope we both enjoy the ride.

So who am I? Metaphysically speaking, that's something I hope you'll discover as I publish. Or what's in a name? I try not to use my real name on line. I'm not sure I'm fooling anyone, but the names I use on line are LJ and Sasha. LJ stands for "Leather Jacket" and folks who know me by that name probably know me pretty well at this point. Sasha stands for ... well, that would be telling. A few people are starting to know Sasha in places where "Leather Jacket" seemed ... inappropriate. Anyway, I was going to call this blog "Sasha's World", but that was already taken (it happens), so by the time I got the name "Studies in LJ", I'd already said my name here would be "Sasha". And, of course, my e-mail address is "David Carr Fan" (heck, somebody has to do it) but no one really knows me as DCF.

Was that an incredibly lame starting point?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you got an online journal but since I am not of this part of the net, I hope you remind us from time to time to peek in here :) ~ Adri