Friday, June 27, 2008

It's hell getting old

I'm starting to understand why people get comb-overs. Yes, they look ridiculous and no, the people who have them aren't fooling anyone. But the other day, I was getting my hair cut and the idiot hair-cut-person goes to show me the cut at the back of my neck. She also manages to show me how she's very carefully arranged the hair on the back of my head to make sure none of it goes over this big, round pink spot at the top of the back of my head. I nearly screamed. It's easy when you have a full head of hair to say, "I would never do a comb-over," but when you're faced with this big, pink spot and it's really, really pink -- link sunburn pink -- you just want to hide it.

I'll have to see if I can get a picture posted.

ETA: I tried taking a picture; it wasn't very impressive. I think I'm just too good at hiding the bald patch.

No comments: